Central Iron County Water Conservancy District (CICWCD)
Water is a vital resource to so many aspects of life in Iron County. the Central Iron County Water Conservancy District (CICWCD) provides conceptual, physical and logistical solutions to meet existing and future demands placed on this resource. The quality, management and efficiency of water is important to our residents. While keeping a watchful eye on the future, our responsibility is to conserve, develop and stabilize supplies of water for our neighborhoods.
Our purpose in developing this website is to provide an informational resource to our residents, and encourage everyone to seek out accurate information about water, the challeges we are all facing and CICWCD's role in meeting these challenges head on.
Our Mission Statement
The Central Iron County Water Conservancy District. (CICWCD) was formed in 1997 to benefit the people and municipalities within the CICWCD boundaries. The District was organized under the Utah Water Conservancy District Act to achieve the following objectives:
- Conserve, develop and stabilize existing supplies of water for the beneficial uses of domestic, irrigation, power, manufacturing, aquatic life, wildlife, and stock watering for the direct benefit of the district residents.
- Develop additional supplies of water for use within both the municipalities and unincorporated areas of the CICWCD boundaries.
- Plan for, finance, design and construct reservoirs, pipelines, water distribution systems, wells, drainage improvements and other improvements necessary to utilize water supplies within the CICWCD boundaries.
- Benefit the municipalities within the CICWCD boundaries by providing adequate supplies of water for domestic, industrial and municipal use.
- Manage and stabilize the flow of water to directly benefit irrigated lands.