Home | Requirements | Download | Changes | Contact | Screenshots
E-xmms is an Enlightenment epplet, created
to control xmms remotely.
[As Gentoo is removing support for xmms, I've decided to modify this epplet to use
If you are interested in obtaining this epplet, send me an
email. I'll put it online sometime in the future.]
The only requirements are that you have the Enlightenment window manager,
the Epplet-0.7 base and xmms.
Current stable version: E-xmms-1.3.2.tar.gz
Evan Songer's Initial version: E-xmms-1.0.tar.gz
- Added comparison of previous and current state to determine if window painting should be done
- Added new handler to make adding icons much easier
- Added more icons, thanks to the many users who submit them to legacy.xmms2.org (some icons were slightly modified for size and appearance)
- Fixed volume handler for smoother control
- Minor code clean up
- Fixed a memory leak related to Title scroll
- Added keybindings to buttons (see source for details)
- Added jump to position using the progress bar
- Modified appearance of progress bar if stream is/is not playing
- Code reorganization
E-xmms 1.2 involved some major changes to the backend.
- Added icons from legacy.xmms2.org
- configuration window to allow icon change
- Modified the playlist_title display
- Added changes from Matt DeLuco
- playlist_title view, countdown
- code cleanup
E-xmms 1.1 incorporates my own changes to the epplet, which added/changed the following:
- E-xmms now depends almost totally on xmms (specifically xmmsctrl.h).
- The above dependence also substantially decreased the size of the epplet,
doing away with other unnecessary dependencies.
- Icon for the initial state.
- Icon while xmms loads.
- Moved initial buttons (start xmms, and close epplet)
- Added play-time above the progress bar.
Please let me know of any issues, or changes you would like.
E-xmms in the initial state(no mouse, no xmms loaded)
E-xmms in the initial state, with mouse over the epplet, still no xmms loaded.
E-xmms while xmms is loading. The load button (seen in the image above this) was clicked for this to appear.
E-xmms while xmms is playing an mp3.
E-xmms while xmms is streaming.
E-xmms icon configuration window.