Raker, F&SF, Aug. 1982 page 94.
Darkwar, Isaac Asimov's SF Magazine, mid-Dec., 1982, page 142.
(Cover story, with painting by Wayne D. Barlow and interior art by Val Lakey/Artifact.)
Call for the Dead, F&SF, July 1980, page 95. (Cover story, with painting by David Mattingly.)
Castle of Tears, Whispers, vol. 4, no. 1-2 (double issue), Oct. 1979, page 56.
Filed Teeth, Dragon of Darkness, Orson Scott Card, ed., Ace, 1981
[trade pb], Ace 1983 [pb], page 1 in both editions. (Illustrated by Michael Whelan in both editions.)
Ghost Stalk, F&SF, May 1978, page 129.
The Nights of Deadful Silence, Fantastic, Sept, 1973, page 44. (Illustrated by Mike Kaluta.)
Severed Heads, Sword and Sorceress, Marion Zimmer Bradley, ed., DAW,
1984 [pb], page 34. (Sword and Sorceress also published in Germany, Italy
and the U.K.; no details available.)
Soldier of an Empire Unacquainted With Defeat, The Berkley Showcase,
vol. 2, Victoria Schochet and John Silbersack, ed., Berkley, 1982 [pb], page 1.
The Devil's Tooth, Literary Magazine of Fantasy & Terror, vol. 1,
no. 5, 1974, page 4. (Illustrated in Literary Magazine of Fantasy & Terror by
Cameron F. Broze.) Reprinted in Gandalf, Norway, 1977, no further details available.
And Dragons in the Sky, Clarion II, Robin Scott Wilson, ed., Signet/NEL,
1972 [pb], page 186. (Seed story for Starfishers.)
Enemy Territory, Night Voyages #9, Spring 1983, page 4.
(Illustrated by Nick Petrosino.)
In the Wind, Tomorrow Today, George Zebrowski, ed., Unity Press
(Santa Cruz, CA), 1971 [simultaneous trade pb & hc].
Quiet Sea, F&SF, Dec. 1978, page 7. (Cover story, with painting by David Hardy.)
The Recruiter, Amazing, Mar. 1977, page 47.
Sunrise, Eternity SF, vol. 1, no. 2 (1973), page 23. (Illustrated by Vincent DiFate.)
- Appointment in Samarkand, Witchcraft & Sorcery #7, Nov. 1972, page 30.
- Ponce, Amazing, Nov. 1977, page 116.
- The Seventh Fool, F&SF, Mar. 1978, page 78.
- Silverheels, Witchcraft & Sorcery #6, May 1971, page 26.
(Illustrated by Tim Kirk.)
- Song From A Forgotten Hill, Clarion, Robin Scott Wilson, ed., Signet/NEL, 1971 [pb], page 214.
- The Waiting Sea, Program Book, Archon 7, The Archon Committee (St. Louis, MO), July 1983.
- Winter's Dreams, Program Book, Balticon 31, The Balticon Committee (Baltimore, MD), March 1997.