The Three Principles of Good SAR Operations
(These are really just variations on a theme)
Don’t just do something, sit there!
Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Primum non nocere.
- Stop. Get others to stop also.
- Calm down. Take a breath.
- Deal with your tunnel vision.
- Listen to others, including the patient.
- Make a plan.
- Organize people to follow the plan.
P #1. Drew Hardesty
P #2. Various army men
P #3. Thomas Sydenham (perhaps), and the webmaster
Here Is an Extra Principle, for Free
Don’t just train until you can do it right, train until you can’t do it wrong.