From: "Chris Jones" <SwingKid104@attbi.com>
Subject: [CANSLIM] How much support is the 50 DMA? (JOSB)
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 14:44:40 -0700
Next Article (by Author): Re: [CANSLIM] How much support is the 50 DMA? (JOSB) "Chuck Dreier"
Next in Thread: Re: [CANSLIM] How much support is the 50 DMA? (JOSB) michael_niemotka@baxter.com
Articles sorted by: [Date]
[Author]
[Subject]
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. - ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C31314.DC13BAA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a dilemma - I bought JOSB a few weeks back and put a mental stop = in at $27 (8%). When I checked today after the market closed, I saw it = had dropped $1.88, and is now at $25.51. I'm a little mad that I only = placed a mental stop, which could have avoided this, however I can't = change that now. Normally I would sell right at the market since my = loss has now dropped to 12%, but the stock now sits about $.25 above = it's 50 DMA. Should I hang on and hope institutions will step in? IBD = says "many institutions view the 50-day line as a level at which they = can add to their positions at a reasonable price. That's why many strong = stocks find "support" at this line." However, it seems that the 50 DMA = hasn't been too much of a support/resistance for JOSB in the past. I = hate to wait and hope, since that's exactly what O'Neil said bad = investors do, but the 50 DMA adds an interesting twist. Should I sell = at the market, or wait to see if it bounces back? Opinions are = appreciated! Thanks so much! Chris - ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C31314.DC13BAA0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a dilemma - I bought JOSB a few = weeks back=20 and put a mental stop in at $27 (8%). When I checked today = after the=20 market closed, I saw it had dropped $1.88, and is now at $25.51. = I'm a=20 little mad that I only placed a mental stop, which could have avoided = this,=20 however I can't change that now. Normally I would sell right at = the market=20 since my loss has now dropped to 12%, but the stock now sits about $.25 = above=20 it's 50 DMA. Should I hang on and hope institutions will step = in? =20 IBD says "many institutions view the 50-day line as a level at which = they can=20 add to their positions at a reasonable price. That's why many strong = stocks find=20 "support" at this line." However, it seems that the 50 DMA hasn't = been too=20 much of a support/resistance for JOSB in the past. I hate to wait = and=20 hope, since that's exactly what O'Neil said bad investors do, but = the 50=20 DMA adds an interesting twist. Should I sell at the market, or = wait to see=20 if it bounces back? Opinions are appreciated!</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks so much!</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Chris</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML> - ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C31314.DC13BAA0-- - - - -To subscribe/unsubscribe, email "majordomo@xmission.com" - -In the email body, write "subscribe canslim" or - -"unsubscribe canslim". Do not use quotes in your email.
Next Article (by Author): Re: [CANSLIM] How much support is the 50 DMA? (JOSB) "Chuck Dreier"
Next in Thread: Re: [CANSLIM] How much support is the 50 DMA? (JOSB) michael_niemotka@baxter.com
Articles sorted by: [Date]
[Author]
[Subject]