Re: [CANSLIM] How much support is the 50 DMA? (JOSB)


From: "Chuck Dreier" <chucknsc@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [CANSLIM] How much support is the 50 DMA? (JOSB)
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 17:49:47 -0400

Next Article (by Author): Re: [CANSLIM] IBD100 Davellil5@aol.com
Previous Article (by Author): [CANSLIM] How much support is the 50 DMA? (JOSB) "Chris Jones"
Top of Thread: [CANSLIM] How much support is the 50 DMA? (JOSB) "Chris Jones"
Next in Thread: RE: [CANSLIM] How much support is the 50 DMA? (JOSB) "Mark Kerson"
Articles sorted by: [Date] [Author] [Subject]


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

- ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C3132E.B8435670
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Several times I've been bitten by strictly following the 7-8% rule after =
the stock came bounding back.  Other times I've let it ride and watched =
the stock continue a downward spiral.  My advice, for what little it's =
worth, is to follow those strict rules - called discipline.  Since =
you're already minus 12, maybe see how it starts out tomorrow and then =
either pull the trigger or hope for a rebound.???
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Chris Jones=20
  To: CANSLIM=20
  Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 5:44 PM
  Subject: [CANSLIM] How much support is the 50 DMA? (JOSB)


  I have a dilemma - I bought JOSB a few weeks back and put a mental =
stop in at $27 (8%).  When I checked today after the market closed, I =
saw it had dropped $1.88, and is now at $25.51.  I'm a little mad that I =
only placed a mental stop, which could have avoided this, however I =
can't change that now.  Normally I would sell right at the market since =
my loss has now dropped to 12%, but the stock now sits about $.25 above =
it's 50 DMA.  Should I hang on and hope institutions will step in?  IBD =
says "many institutions view the 50-day line as a level at which they =
can add to their positions at a reasonable price. That's why many strong =
stocks find "support" at this line."  However, it seems that the 50 DMA =
hasn't been too much of a support/resistance for JOSB in the past.  I =
hate to wait and hope, since that's exactly what O'Neil said bad =
investors do, but the 50 DMA adds an interesting twist.  Should I sell =
at the market, or wait to see if it bounces back?  Opinions are =
appreciated!

  Thanks so much!

  Chris
- ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C3132E.B8435670
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Several times I've been bitten by =
strictly=20
following the 7-8% rule after the stock came bounding back.&nbsp; Other =
times=20
I've let it ride and watched the stock continue a downward spiral.&nbsp; =
My=20
advice, for what little it's worth, is to follow those strict rules - =
called=20
discipline.&nbsp; Since you're already minus 12, maybe see how it starts =
out=20
tomorrow and then either pull the trigger or hope for a =
rebound.???</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DSwingKid104@attbi.com =
href=3D"mailto:SwingKid104@attbi.com">Chris=20
  Jones</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dcanslim@lists.xmission.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:canslim@lists.xmission.com">CANSLIM</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, May 05, 2003 5:44 =
PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [CANSLIM] How much =
support is=20
  the 50 DMA? (JOSB)</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a dilemma - I bought JOSB a =
few weeks back=20
  and put&nbsp;a mental stop in at $27 (8%).&nbsp; When I checked today =
after=20
  the market closed, I saw it had dropped $1.88, and is now at =
$25.51.&nbsp; I'm=20
  a little mad that I only placed a mental stop, which could have =
avoided this,=20
  however I can't change that now.&nbsp; Normally I would sell right at =
the=20
  market since my loss has now dropped to 12%, but the stock now sits =
about $.25=20
  above it's 50 DMA.&nbsp; Should I hang on and hope institutions will =
step=20
  in?&nbsp; IBD says "many institutions view the 50-day line as a level =
at which=20
  they can add to their positions at a reasonable price. That's why many =
strong=20
  stocks find "support" at this line."&nbsp; However, it seems that the =
50 DMA=20
  hasn't been too much of a support/resistance for JOSB in the =
past.&nbsp; I=20
  hate to wait and hope, since that's exactly what&nbsp;O'Neil said bad=20
  investors do, but the 50 DMA adds an interesting twist.&nbsp; Should I =
sell at=20
  the market, or wait to see if it bounces back?&nbsp; Opinions are=20
  appreciated!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks so much!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Chris</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C3132E.B8435670--



- -
- -To subscribe/unsubscribe, email "majordomo@xmission.com"
- -In the email body, write "subscribe canslim" or
- -"unsubscribe canslim".  Do not use quotes in your email.

Next Article (by Author): Re: [CANSLIM] IBD100 Davellil5@aol.com
Previous Article (by Author): [CANSLIM] How much support is the 50 DMA? (JOSB) "Chris Jones"
Top of Thread: [CANSLIM] How much support is the 50 DMA? (JOSB) "Chris Jones"
Next in Thread: RE: [CANSLIM] How much support is the 50 DMA? (JOSB) "Mark Kerson"
Articles sorted by: [Date] [Author] [Subject]


Go to Jeff Salisbury LWGate Home Page.