From: "Gene Ricci" <genr@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [CANSLIM] Break outs or pullbacks
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:27:18 -0500
Next Article (by Author): Re: [CANSLIM] 52-weeks hi/low versus industry group ranking "Gene Ricci"
Previous Article (by Author): [CANSLIM] new address David
Top of Thread: Re: [CANSLIM] Break outs or pullbacks Davellil5@aol.com
Next in Thread: Re: [CANSLIM] Break outs or pullbacks Davellil5@aol.com
Articles sorted by: [Date]
[Author]
[Subject]
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. - ------=_NextPart_000_0137_01C349FA.E23B13C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi David, the hardest rule for me to follow is to wait until the = pullback... and not second guess my process... I've been burned too many = times.... anticipating entries. Gene=20 ----- Original Message -----=20 From: Davellil5@aol.com=20 To: canslim@lists.xmission.com=20 Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 8:05 AM Subject: Re: [CANSLIM] Break outs or pullbacks Gene, we have a good example of possible entry on pullback that is now = being=20 mentioned in these CANLIM emails -- SFCC. After a triple-bottomed cup from February to June (with each bottom = lower=20 than the last), there was a handle for 15 trading days with a pivot = around 19.50,=20 until the stock broke out on July 8th with an upgap on over 4 times = average=20 volume, closing around 22, and hanging between 22 and 23.50 since = then, with=20 volume declining from the breakout day. Since the breakout was a strong upgap, the O'Neil "Don't chase over 5% = rule"=20 doesn't apply. Should we buy now? The numbers show a strong turn-up in the Company's growth. They're in = the=20 niche business of contracting to run clinical tests on new drugs for = FDA=20 approval. It's a small business with little Fund or broker interest. But, if one wanted to buy SFCC, should he do so now? Or wait for the=20 pullback (which I've observed after most breakouts this year). Buy -- or patiently wait for the pullback? Dave=20 - -To subscribe/unsubscribe, email "majordomo@xmission.com" -In the email body, write "subscribe canslim" or -"unsubscribe canslim". Do not use quotes in your email. - ------=_NextPart_000_0137_01C349FA.E23B13C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff> <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi David, the hardest rule for me to = follow is=20 to wait until the pullback... and not second guess my process... = I've been=20 burned too many times.... anticipating entries.</FONT></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Gene</FONT> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV> <DIV=20 style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: = black"><B>From:</B>=20 <A title=3DDavellil5@aol.com=20 href=3D"mailto:Davellil5@aol.com">Davellil5@aol.com</A> </DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A = title=3Dcanslim@lists.xmission.com=20 = href=3D"mailto:canslim@lists.xmission.com">canslim@lists.xmission.com</A>= </DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, July 14, 2003 = 8:05 AM</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [CANSLIM] Break = outs or=20 pullbacks</DIV> <DIV><BR></DIV>Gene, we have a good example of possible entry on = pullback that=20 is now being <BR>mentioned in these CANLIM emails -- = SFCC.<BR><BR>After a=20 triple-bottomed cup from February to June (with each bottom lower = <BR>than the=20 last), there was a handle for 15 trading days with a pivot around = 19.50,=20 <BR>until the stock broke out on July 8th with an upgap on over 4 = times=20 average <BR>volume, closing around 22, and hanging between 22 and = 23.50 since=20 then, with <BR>volume declining from the breakout day.<BR><BR>Since = the=20 breakout was a strong upgap, the O'Neil "Don't chase over 5% rule" = <BR>doesn't=20 apply. Should we buy now?<BR><BR>The numbers show a strong = turn-up in=20 the Company's growth. They're in the <BR>niche business of = contracting to run clinical tests on new drugs for FDA = <BR>approval. =20 It's a small business with little Fund or broker interest.<BR><BR>But, = if one=20 wanted to buy SFCC, should he do so now? Or wait for the = <BR>pullback=20 (which I've observed after most breakouts this year).<BR><BR>Buy -- or = patiently wait for the pullback?<BR><BR>Dave <BR><BR>-<BR>-To=20 subscribe/unsubscribe, email "<A=20 = href=3D"mailto:majordomo@xmission.com">majordomo@xmission.com</A>"<BR>-In= the=20 email body, write "subscribe canslim" or<BR>-"unsubscribe = canslim". Do=20 not use quotes in your email.<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML> - ------=_NextPart_000_0137_01C349FA.E23B13C0-- - - - -To subscribe/unsubscribe, email "majordomo@xmission.com" - -In the email body, write "subscribe canslim" or - -"unsubscribe canslim". Do not use quotes in your email.
Next Article (by Author): Re: [CANSLIM] 52-weeks hi/low versus industry group ranking "Gene Ricci"
Previous Article (by Author): [CANSLIM] new address David
Top of Thread: Re: [CANSLIM] Break outs or pullbacks Davellil5@aol.com
Next in Thread: Re: [CANSLIM] Break outs or pullbacks Davellil5@aol.com
Articles sorted by: [Date]
[Author]
[Subject]