[Search] [Appearance]
(Answer) (Category) Bagpipe FAQ : (Category) There is more than one kind of bagpipe? : (Category) The Uilleann (Union) Bagpipe :
I'd like to get started playing the Uilleann pipes. I keep hearing about practice sets, half sets, full sets and so on. What are the differences and which do I need to get started?
Moderator: (inherited from parent)
A practice set consists of a bag, bellows, and chanter, and is all you really need to get started. A half set consists of the practice set plus the drones, and is also reasonable for beginning players though you'll find that you won't actually use the drones for quite some time. A full set consists of the half set plus regulators. If you're just starting out on the pipes then it may be a matter of years before you're comfortable enough to manipulate the entire full set.
[Append to This Answer]
2000-Apr-28 15:50
Previous: (Answer) What is an Uilleann Pipe?
Next: (Answer) Where do I get Uilleann pipes, and how much will they cost me?
This document is:
[Search] [Appearance]
This is a Faq-O-Matic 2.710.
This FAQ administered by Dan Maker