[Search] [Appearance]
(Answer) (Category) Bagpipe FAQ : (Category) There is more than one kind of bagpipe? : (Category) Great Highland Bagpipe (GHB) :
I want to learn to play the GHB; what do I do first?
Moderator: (inherited from parent)
The first thing you'll want to do is get a practice chanter, as you'll put in a fair amount of time on it before you move on to the pipes. You'll also use it throughout your piping life, so it may be best to get a good one right at the start. The practice chanter is just that - a pipe chanter which is used for practice. It consists of a chanter body, a mouthpiece, and a reed. Practice chanters come in "short" and "long" sizes, where "long" practice chanters are those which approximate the size of the real pipe chanter. Many people advocate the use of a long practice chanter, claiming that it's easier to transition to the pipe chanter.
[Append to This Answer]
2000-May-05 12:50
Previous: (Answer) How hard is it to learn?
Next: (Answer) Okay, I've got a practice chanter, now what?
This document is:
[Search] [Appearance]
This is a Faq-O-Matic 2.710.
This FAQ administered by Dan Maker