If you electromechanical is not matching, check the following:
1. Your match on/off plug/switch is usually located in the back box, and
should be clearly labeled. See that this is set to MATCH ON.
2. The credits on the machine may be maxed out, so it cannot award another
credit. Also, the switch indicating that the credits are maxed out may be
open when it should not be. Check the credit wheel for this.
2. The tens digit reel match circuit has a problem. Check the solder
connections on the edges of the reel unit PCB--these are the most common
3. Check the match unit that the wiper contacts are clean and pressing
against the PCB just enough. You will probably have to disassemble the
drum unit to do this properly.
4. Beyond these you'll probably need a schematic to trace the proper motor
switch and a few other possibilities.
New tips are welcome and encouraged. Tips will be credited to those who
contribute. If you would like to submit a tip click
For more information you may contact us by email, email form, or by phone at (801)
277-6296 (voice and message), or (801) 277-0888 (message).