If the pop bumpers in your Data East/Sega game don't give a good hard kick,
check the following:
1) Clean and gap the contacts--get the gap as small as possible without
2) Clean up the coil sleeve and check the coil stop for wear and proper
3) Clean the plastic 'spoon' with a Q-tip soaked in silicone spray;
4) Check the condition of the spring;
5) Make sure the UPPER coil bracket is as tight against the top of the coil
as possible--it is held by screws in slots, and if it is too high it will
limit the travel of the coil core and therefore the kicking ring.
New tips are welcome and encouraged. Tips will be credited to those who
contribute. If you would like to submit a tip click
For more information you may contact us by email, email form, or by phone at (801)
277-6296 (voice and message), or (801) 277-0888 (message).