Mr. Pinball Tip:
Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish is GREAT stuff. It 'melts' the top layer
of oxidized metal and removes it leaving a very shiny result. I use it for:
Put it on, wipe it around with a rag or your fingers, wipe off the black
residue. Many auto parts stores carry it (Auto Zone, NAPA, etc.) Use
sparingly - one small container lasts a long time.
- Chrome playfield parts (kickouts, light housings, gates, etc)
- Aluminum playfield posts (they come out better/faster than vibrator).
- Side rails and lock-down bars (chrome only - not black or colored)
- Ramp aprons (removes the rust - but sometimes the blueing too)
- Plastic ramps (melts and removes embedded metal ball trails)
- Embedded metal ball trails on the playfield (does not harm clearcoated
playfields - use carefully on older playfields)
- Hard to replace solenoid plungers on old EMs (leaves them shiny and
slippery without lubing)
- Polish new pinballs
- Polish Twilight Zone power balls (removes surface metal scum)
New tips are welcome and encouraged. Tips will be credited to those who
contribute. If you would like to submit a tip click
For more information you may contact us by email, or by email form.
© Copyright Mr. Pinball 2017. All Rights Reserved.