Mr. Pinball Tip:
Oxidized bulb sockets can be easily, quickly and thoroughly cleaned. As this is a chemical problem I use a chemical solution to this.
This also works on other non-ferrous metals.
- Create a vinegar-salt solution--Dissolve as much salt (sodium chloride) in vinegar until some salt remains on the bottom.
- Create a separate baking soda solution--Dissolve 15 grams backing soda (Sodium bicarbonate) in 150 ml of distilled water.
- Put the sockets in this vinegar-salt solution.
- Stop the process by putting the sockets in the baking soda solution.
- Rinse thoroughly in distilled water.
- Finally, spray them with silicone spray and wipe off excess with a soft cloth.
New tips are welcome and encouraged. Tips will be credited to those who
contribute. If you would like to submit a tip click
For more information you may contact us by email, or by email form.
© Copyright Mr. Pinball 2021. All Rights Reserved.