UTAH AMATEUR RADIO EXAMINATION SESSIONS
Other information available:
- Things to bring to the session.
- How to register with ULS before the session (required!)
- Do you want a paper copy of your license?
|Contact Person||Call||Phone||To Sign Up|
|Spanish Fork||09-21-21||Tue||David Becar||KI6OSS||
(Part of Swap Meet)
|Murray||09-27-21||Mon||Garth Wiscombe||W7PS||(801) 558-5936||https://hamstudy.org/sessions/5ffe5c5d944df873e2d4aa6e/1|
|Logan||10-07-21||Thu||Richard D. Elwood||KE7GYD||(435) 770-7050||https://hamstudy.org/sessions/5fffbbcdb950ee6430c4afc0/1|
Scroll to “License Exams”
|Provo||10-14-21||Thu||Steve Whitehead||NV7V||(801) email@example.com|
|St. George||10-20-21||Wed||Gary Zabriskie||N7ARE||https://www.dixieham.org/meetings.html
Scroll to “License Exams”
|Logan||11-20-21||Sat||Richard D. Elwood||KE7GYD||(435) 770-7050||https://hamstudy.org/sessions/5fffbbcdb950ee6430c4afc0/1|
|Murray||10-27-21||Mon||Garth Wiscombe||W7PS||(801) 558-5936||https://hamstudy.org/sessions/5ffe5de5944df881f6d4ab04/1|
Contact the contact person before a test session to verify time and location of a session, and whether space is still available for new applicants.
THINGS TO BRING TO TEST SESSION
- Two forms of ID
- Test fee (cash or check):
- $15.00 for ARRL-coordinated session;
$14.00 for W5YI-coordinated sessions
- The original and a copy of your current license (if you currently hold an amateur license)
- Your FCC Registration Number (FRN) (See below at “You Must be Registerd.”)
- The originals and photocopies of any Certificates of Successful Completion (CSCE's) you may hold. (These are only necessary if they give you credit for elements beyond those required for your current license and are less than one year old.) Also, if you claim credit for a license held in the past (for example, Element 3 credit for a Technician license issued prior to March 21, 1987), then you must bring either a photocopy of that license or a certification from the FCC that you held such a license.
- Pencils and pens.
A calculator (Optional — but if it is programmable you must show that
the program memory is cleared.)
Note: It is not allowed to access cell phones during the test for their calculator function. If you need a calculator, bring separate one along.
You Must be Registered With FCC Before the Test
Before you can take a licensing test, you must be registered with the FCC and have with you your “FCC Registration Number” or “FRN.” If you are taking your first license test, you will need to go on-line to the FCC's web site and have the FRN assigned to you. You will need to supply your social security number, mailing address, an e-maill address, and other information about yourself. The web site where you may register is: http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls. You be asked to choose a password which you will be able to use when you need to renew your license, update your mailing address, or change other information about yourself. (It would be wise to save your passwork in a place where you can find it in ten years when your next renewal comes up.)
If you already hold an amateur license, you are already registered and have an assigned FRN. If you have a printed copy of your license, the FRN will be there. Otherwise you can find it by looking yourself up by your callsign at: https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchLicense.jsp.
If you have trouble, it may be helpful to read the detailed instructions available on the ARRL web site at http://www.arrl.org/universal-licensing-system.