Utah Amateur Radio Club

What's new

About UARC

Club activities

Club resources

Amateur radio in Utah

General amateur radio


Other information available:

CityDateDay of
Contact PersonCallEmailTo Sign Up
Go To:
Taylorsville03-27-23MonGarth WiscombeW7PS w7ps@arrl.net https://hamstudy.org/sessions/63640482dc0d9e861b794e6e/1
Taylorsville04-24-23MonGarth WiscombeW7PS w7ps@arrl.net https://hamstudy.org/sessions/63640bcdf665414fdac7cd02/1
Taylorsville05-22-23MonGarth WiscombeW7PS w7ps@arrl.net https://hamstudy.org/sessions/63640c48706acbcb7c5b4447/1
Ogden06-07-23WedRick MorrisonW7RIK w7rik@arrl.nethttps://hamstudy.org/sessions/63c965e3fa492507742359b8/1
Eagle Mnt06-10-23SatDavid BecarKI6OSS ki6oss6365@gmail.comhttps://hamstudy.org/sessions/63aa519882c8d6205c55b4a6/1
Taylorsville06-26-23MonGarth Wiscombe W7PSw7ps@arrlhttps://hamstudy.org/sessions/63640ccddc0d9ea145795919/1
Taylorsville07-31-23MonGarth WiscombeW7PS w7ps@arrl https://hamstudy.org/sessions/63640d5bdc0d9e1399795a22/1
Taylorsville08-28-23MonGarth WiscombeW7PS w7ps@arrl https://hamstudy.org/sessions/63640dcca998ce037ba9dcee/1

Contact the contact person before a test session to verify time and location of a session, and whether space is still available for new applicants.


You Must be Registered With FCC Before the Test

Before you can take a licensing test, you must be registered with the FCC and have with you your “FCC Registration Number” or “FRN.” If you are taking your first license test, you will need to go on-line to the FCC's web site and have the FRN assigned to you. You will need to supply your social security number, mailing address, an e-maill address, and other information about yourself. The web site where you may register is: http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls. You be asked to choose a password which you will be able to use when you need to renew your license, update your mailing address, or change other information about yourself. (It would be wise to save your passwork in a place where you can find it in ten years when your next renewal comes up.)

If you already hold an amateur license, you are already registered and have an assigned FRN. If you have a printed copy of your license, the FRN will be there. Otherwise you can find it by looking yourself up by your callsign at: https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchLicense.jsp.

If you have trouble, it may be helpful to read the detailed instructions available on the ARRL web site at http://www.arrl.org/universal-licensing-system.